October 12, 2011 in Journal
I made a thing that went a bit viral today (with a bit of a nudge from the nice people at the Guardian). It’s a tongue in cheek version of the ‘Life in the UK’ test that you have to take to become a UK citizen. There’s a version of that test on the Guardian site, which is a bit difficult and prompted a Twitter trend of spoof questions. I took some of the best ones from there, nabbed a domain, and put a new test together over my lunch break.
I figured I should put the answers up somewhere too.. so if you don’t want to see those, look away now. Or go take the test then come back.
- Please complete the following question: It’s nice to see you, to see you______?
In the buff
- What is the correct response when someone drops a tray in the middle of a canteen?
Offer help cleaning up
- Please study the photograph below. Which one is Ant, and which is Dec?
Ant (right), Dec (left)
Ant (left), Dec (right)
I can’t tell
- Do you want salt and vinegar?
- When does the DFS sale come to an end?
When hell freezes over
At the end of the year
In the next 7 days
- Please complete the following question: Who do you think you are kidding Mr. ______?
- The UK is experiencing very hot weather. The headline in The Sun reads “phew what a ______”
Pair of baps
- You have met a girl from Greece. What might she have a thirst for?
European financial assistance
- You are at a football match. How might supporters of the opposing team be going home?
In a f****** ambulance
On a delayed train
- Which Second World War relic is housed in the Albert Hall?
One of Hitler’s testicles
A gas mask